Friday, October 02, 2009

Snow Brand

Don't talk shit. Sometimes my neighborhood is the best.
This reminds me of this vending machine that was near my house when I was a kid, brightly colored soda pop in glass bottles, only ¥80 apiece. Vending machines are pretty cool, but with the whiz-bang pizazz that most machines have now, the older ones soon get shuffled off to the vending machine graveyard. Or probably they sell them to Malaysia and Thailand, which seems to be where JR trains go to retire.
Appetizing! (Click to enlarge, really, do.)

I promise I am going to go and see if this actually dispenses product. Next Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh my god! It's like something out of Silent Hill!
    I always feel a bit sad when people tidy things up in cities. I rather like Tokyo's rustier parts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen B, I had to google Silent Hill because I am not a horror flick girl. But hear hear: a little crappiness makes a town seem lived in rather than sterile.

    Beth, I think falling down stuff is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or probably they sell them to Malaysia and Thailand, which seems to be where JR trains go to retire.


    ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete