Tuesday, April 19, 2011

more destinations for your cranes!

The paper cranes for Japan project, donating $2 for each crane received up to 100,000, is over... but I just saw an update that they received 500,000 cranes!! So they've decided to double their initial gift (going to Architecture for Humanity) of $200,000 to $400,000. Wow! Good job everyone.
 
The crane folding fun doesn't stop. My mom told me about this initiative by the kids clothing company Osh Kosh B'Gosh, to donate an item of clothing for each crane folded to tsunami kids, up to 50,000. That's a lot of overalls! I wore Osh Kosh overalls as a kid, did you? I remember their stuff being sturdy and good for play clothes.

You can send in your cranes or upload pictures of them until April 25th. More good stuff with just a flick of the origami...

2 comments:

  1. Great OshKosh tip. I am going to get my boys and some of their buddies to do this- a great way to have the kids contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving this initiative! Anything that can combine creativity with and excellent cause has my stamp of approval! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete