Wednesday, November 04, 2009

conversations with me

I ate lunch at Ikea on Monday, and it was delicious. For some reason, they have a bunch of vegetarian options, including ones that are quite hard to find outside of obscure little organic restaurants in the middle of nowhere. This is a vegetarian cutlet with tomato sauce that has soy mince in it.I came home late on Monday night after going to a show, having missed the last train and had to take a cab the last bit home. I didn't realize it at the time, but my brother said I was talking to myself pretty loudly. I do this. It's kind of embarrassing if someone else hears without me knowing it. Yikes. Reel in the crazy a little, girl.

7 comments:

  1. seriously?? the one in shin-yokohama?? i was there on monday. this is getting creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird! I think I was there from about 2-5ish. Sofa browsing.

    We have to stop meeting this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. my mom talks to herself under her breath like as though practicing for possible conversations. i think most normal people do that in their heads but then the hand gestures get thrown in and everything and you start lookin a little crazy. so then i caught myself doing it inadvertently early this year and i was like OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and now i'm paranoid. but if you're chatting it up solo too then maybe we should all just embraze the craze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monsieur does this too. I'll be banging on about something, turn to him, and realise that he wasn't listening at all. He usually has his eyebrows creased and appears to be explaining his stance on various topics to someone he is a bit peeved with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, Jen, I don't THINK I do it in the direct presence of other people! My brother was in his room with the door closed, and it was one a.m. Your Mister is spacing out on a new level!

    But as Beth says, why fight the crazy? I can start looking forward to being an eccentric old bat NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MhMMMMM. Talking.. it was more like grumbling. I think your theory that you were talking to the cats is probably correct.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, well then that's COMPLETELY different!!

    ReplyDelete