Friday, October 08, 2010

Breitenbush

When I went to Oregon this summer, I went down to Breitenbush, east of Salem.
Even though I lived in Oregon for a lotta years, I had never been to Breitenbush, which is a hippie hot springs resort in the forest.
This year I was lucky that a good friend was working there, and was able to get us in on a guest pass for a nominal fee.
It's breathtaking in the way that Oregon can't help being, all crunchy and zen-y and chill. Wildlife everywhere, excuse the blurry photo. Didn't have time to change my camera setting before they disappeared into the woods.
Hot springs culture there is very different from Japan. It's a bit more unproduced, and it's nekkid mixed bathing, with no showers beforehand. I didn't feel like baring it all for the bearded men, so I wore a suit, which is also ok.
Did I mention the all-you-can-eat vegetarian buffet? Heavenly.
Oregon is so magical!

3 comments:

  1. WOooooow! I need forest. I think I'm going to go for a mid-week walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbeatable. I still need to check out your bamboo forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice blog youu have here

    ReplyDelete