Saturday, July 31, 2010

yakatabune

I went on a pleasure boat, 屋形船, in Yokohama Bay.
These are the long low drinking boats you see cruising around the harbor, hung with lanterns and issuing raucous singing and laughter.
We watched the fireworks and ate food and drank beer and tea. They even had karaoke, but we were busy.
All photos by Hadi, one of my boat-mates.

This is a fun and interesting way to have dinner and watch fireworks. The boat companies usually only take reservations for large parties, but some of them do book smaller groups.

4 comments:

  1. I want to do this so badlyyy!!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarahhh come on let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Minatomirai. It's new, true, but there are plenty of quaint and grotty areas adjacent to suit mood changes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the parts of MM that still feel like a port.

    ReplyDelete