Thursday, July 06, 2006

oh my god, get it out

An insect just died in my ear. For all I know, it's still in there. Motoring through Tana, the bugs were so thick that I'm surely no longer a vegetarian; they were commiting mass suicide by flying into my eyes, embedding themselves in the folds of my sweatshirt, and somehow finding their way beneath my helmet and into my ear, where the frantic buzzing was way too close for comfort. I started having a hissy fit at 50 kph, shaking my head madly and wiggling and writhing in an unsuccessful attempt to turn off the ringing in my ears. Finally, helmet already disengaged, I pulled over to the side of the road and had a full on spazz attack, shaking and jerking madly, clawing at my ear, trying to disengage the thing, which responded by buzzing more insistently. Finally it stopped; I assume it's dead and lodged in my brain.
After that, I got on the big main road, full of traffic and mercifully free of devil-cursed Nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment