Thursday, February 05, 2009

books all around



Swap your books at BookMooch.com

I belong to the awesome bookmooch, a free book trading service that lets you give your read books away for points, then lets you spend the points on books others are giving away. Recently, I was mooched by the Quezon City library, in the Philippines, which is trying to increase its supply of foreign language books for the benefit and enjoyment of the locals. The library used points to "buy" my books, but since it was such a great cause, I sent them the books and also sent the points back to them.

The Quezon City library is only one of many charities listed on bookmooch that people can give points or books to.

I love this service; it combines a few of my favorite things, namely: reading, the post office, and reusing/trading rather than buying new things. Mooch on!

No comments:

Post a Comment