Tuesday, February 06, 2007

lost nights


I spend a lot of time trying to triangulate my motorbiking routes, making my commute more streamlined. Eventually, this leads to shorter travel time, but in the meantime I spend a lot of times utterly lost, riding around looking for familiar landmarks and telltale signs.

Usually that's okay - I don't attempt an alternate route unless I have a little time on my hands and a bit of wanderlust. And it often leads to great revelations: "Hey! I just cut ten minutes off my route!" and "Cool! I don't have to ride on the huge death-road anymore!" and "Wow! This rad thrift store is only 5 minutes ride from my house!"

At eleven pm, though, after a long day, I'm ready to go home. I usually end up finding and following a bus toward a likely destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment